Bacon and Strawberry Pizza..
Cooking with the kids? Quick bite for supper? Al fresco dining? Adaptable for different palates? Yes – if this is what you’re searching for in a recipe look no further than our delicious strawberry and spoiltpig bacon 15 minute pizza.
What you'll need:
- Butter for frying
- 4 slices spoiltpig unsmoked dry cured back bacon
- 2 flatbreads
- 1 large handful of strawberries, sliced
- 90g (3oz) mild goats cheese, cubed
- 2 handfuls of rocket (arugula)
- Handful of roasted almond slivers
- 2 tbsp balsamic salad dressing
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to fan-assisted 160C/180C/350F/gas 4 and preheat 2 lightly oiled cast iron frying pans.
2. Heat a little bit of butter in another frying pan and fry the bacon until done.
3. Remove the bacon from the heat, let cool and slice into pieces.
4. Remove one of the hot pans from the oven and add in a flatbread.
5. Top the flatbread with a half the bacon, strawberries and cheese and set aside.
6. Repeat the process and create the second pizza.
7. Return both pizzas to the oven and bake for 7 mins.
8. Remove pizzas from the oven, add the rocket, almonds and the balsamic salad dressing and serve.