Bacon and Strawberry Pizza..
Cooking with the kids? Quick bite for supper? Al fresco dining? Adaptable for different palates? Yes – if this is what you’re searching for in a recipe look no further than our delicious strawberry and spoiltpig bacon 15 minute pizza.
What you'll need:
- Butter for frying
- 4 slices spoiltpig unsmoked dry cured back bacon
- 2 flatbreads
- 1 large handful of strawberries, sliced
- 90g (3oz) mild goats cheese, cubed
- 2 handfuls of rocket (arugula)
- Handful of roasted almond slivers
- 2 tbsp balsamic salad dressing
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to fan-assisted 160C/180C/350F/gas 4 and preheat 2 lightly oiled cast iron frying pans.
- Heat a little bit of butter in another frying pan and fry the bacon until done.
- Remove the bacon from the heat, let cool and slice into pieces.
- Remove one of the hot pans from the oven and add in a flatbread.
- Top the flatbread with a half the bacon, strawberries and cheese and set aside.
- Repeat the process and create the second pizza.
- Return both pizzas to the oven and bake for 7 mins.
- Remove pizzas from the oven, add the rocket, almonds and the balsamic salad dressing and serve.