If you’re looking for a true taste of the South West then look no further. This fish stew is great in all weathers, the fresher the fish the better. Hearty, healthy brain food…
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot and cook the leek, fennel, bacon and garlic cloves for 5 mins.
2. Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 mins until soft and pulpy.
3. Mix in the fish stock and bring to the boil before quickly adding in the fish chunks and mussels. Cook for 5 mins until the fish chunks are cooked through.
4. Add the zest and juice of half a lemon and season with salt and pepper.
5. Discard any mussels that did not open, and ladle into bowls topped with parsley, lemon wedges and served alongside some bread.
Hear about our competitions, special offers, events, blogs and recipes!