Fish Stew with spoiltpig Smoked Back Bacon..
If you’re looking for a true taste of the South West then look no further. This fish stew is great in all weathers, the fresher the fish the better. Hearty, healthy brain food…
What you'll need:
- tbsp olive oil
- Large leek washed and slices
- 1 fennel, washed and sliced
- 184g (6.5oz) spoiltpig smoked back bacon, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 260g (9oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 l (4 cups) hot fish stock
- 500g (1.1lb) white fish in chunks
- 500g (1.1lb) mussels
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- Smoked sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley, lemon wedges and crusty bread
How to prepare:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot and cook the leek, fennel, bacon and garlic cloves for 5 mins.
2. Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 mins until soft and pulpy.
3. Mix in the fish stock and bring to the boil before quickly adding in the fish chunks and mussels. Cook for 5 mins until the fish chunks are cooked through.
4. Add the zest and juice of half a lemon and season with salt and pepper.
5. Discard any mussels that did not open, and ladle into bowls topped with parsley, lemon wedges and served alongside some bread.