St Patrick’s Day spoiltpig Burger
There’s more to St. Patrick’s Day than lots of green, the black stuff and leprechauns. Food is a big part of the day and this Irish tweak to one of the Nation’s favourite’s has a tasty twist. Go on, give our St. Patrick’s Day spoiltpig burger a try – a great way to set yourself up for a day of celebrations.
What you'll need:
- ½ kilo ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Guinness beer
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Extra oil (cooking or olive)
- 4 slices of mature cheddar cheese, (Make it Irish!)
- 8 slices of cooked Award Winning spoiltpig, Smoked Back Bacon
- 4 Brioche Buns
How to prepare:
- Add everything apart from Extra oil, 4 slices of cheese, back and brioche buns in to a large bowl and gently mix with your hands. Do not overwork the meat or it will become tough. Form 4 equal patties and place on a small sheet pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium high. Lightly oil cooking grates and/or patties. Place cheese on for the last minute or two of grilling. Place burgers on brioche buns and top with spoiltpig bacon. Enjoy!