Spicy Bacon Pasta
Make this as spicy or not as you like, this mid-week supper is dead easy and super tasty.
What you'll need:
- 5 rashers of spoiltpig unsmoked back bacon
- 13oz mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (keep the seeds if you want extra heat)
- 5 – 7 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 bunch of asparagus roughly chopped
- 16oz dry spaghetti
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2oz parmesan cheese, finely grated
How to prepare:
Put the rashers of spoiltpig bacon into a frying pan, frying over a low heat for about 7 minutes until the bacon is brown and the fat rendered.
Increase the heat and add the chopped mushrooms and shallots. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and most of the liquid evaporated.
Add the garlic, jalapenos, oregano and chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick and rich. 10 minutes before the sauce reaches desired consistency, add the chopped asparagus. Taste and season further if required.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add 1 tbsp salt and cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain in a colander.
Serve your pasta in a bowl with some butter melted over the top, before adding your sauce and a generous portion of grated parmesan cheese. Deliciousness in a bowl right there.